Build strength & stability & stimulate the throat chakra for clear communication with Half-Lotus in Shoulder Stand Pose…
Half-Lotus in Shoulder Stand Pose (Ardha Padma Sarvangasana) is an intermediate-to-advanced yoga pose that provides a challenge to both balance and strength, while stimulating the throat chakra. This pose helps to improve circulation, strengthens the spine, shoulders, arms, core, and lungs, and stretches the hips. It is also believed to calm the mind, promote clear communication, and help the practitioner achieve peace and joy.
This can be a challenging pose, so be sure you are fully warmed up before practicing this pose. You should also be comfortable with both Shoulder Stand and Lotus Pose before attempting this one.
Those with hip, knee, or spinal problems, or who have high blood pressure or glaucoma, or who are pregnant should avoid this pose.
How to Do Half-Lotus In Shoulder Stand Pose:
- Lie on the back and relax the body.
- Slowly raise the legs and buttocks and with the help of the hands come up into Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose).
- Remain for a few breaths in this position.
- Bend the left knee and place the foot on the right thigh close to the hip joint.
- Hold this position breathing normally for 6-8 breaths.
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.
Learn more at YogaInDailyLife.org…