Challenge your flexibility, strength & balance with Rooster In Lotus Pose…
Rooster in Lotus Pose (Padma Kukkutasana) – also known as Rooster Pose – is a challenging yoga pose that builds upper body strength in the arms, shoulders, wrists, and core. It also improves flexibility in the hips and legs, while improving balance and focus.
Although this pose doesn’t involve any extreme positions, you’ll want to make sure you are fully comfortable in full Lotus Pose, and that you have also mastered Crow Pose and Scales Pose, before you attempt this one.
Those with tendonitis of the wrists or other wrist injuries should avoid this pose.
How to Do Rooster In Lotus Pose:
- Sit in Padmasana (Lotus Pose).
- Slide the hands between the thighs and calves and place the hands on the floor. The fingers are spread and point outwards.
- Transfer the weight forward onto the hands.
- Raise the body and hold the posture for one minute.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
Learn More at YogaInDailyLife.com, or watch a demo here…